A Burgasm... yup I said it!

Purists look away!

My idea of an amazing burger has toppings. I do not come from the school of purists when it comes to meat and bun goodness, I always overdo it with the toppings and this was no exception.
A whole wheat kaiser bun toasted and topped with a roasted portobello mushroom, topped with a juicy roasted garlic burger, topped with Swiss cheese, topped with vine ripened tomatoes, topped with creamy avocado, topped with my version of a special sauce. This sucker is not for the faint hearted - Rachael Ray move over! This beef burger is sheer burgasmic!


The toppings were easy, slice the tomatoes, avocado, pop some portobello mushroom caps in the oven that have been drizzled in Extra Virgin and sprinkled with Salt and Pepper until roasted to golden delicious. The secret sauce is as follows:

1/4 c mayo
1/8 c Dijon mustard
2 tbsp ketchup
1/8 c diced onion
s&p

Once again I will tell you that I am not very precise on the measurements, I often mix it up, taste it and add what I want, and honestly for a burger sauce that's what you need to do, I think that for this burger though the Dijon is important because it cuts through all of the richness of the avocado, the mushroom well the whole damn thing is rich!

The Burger:

1 lb of ground beef
1 egg
1 clove of roasted garlic
2 tbsp minced red pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
salt and pepper
Swiss Cheese

Go on get your hands messy and mix all of that up, divy it up into 4 equal sections and cook as you like, on the BBQ or in a pan, melt some Swiss on top and assemble as follows:
Bun
Sauce
Avocado
Tomato
Burger topped with cheese
Mushroom
Sauce
Bun

Burger making tip: Seasoning you burger can be tricky, I don't like to advise on an exact amount because everyone likes it differently, a good way to test is to make a tiny little burger, a little taste tester, fry it up and give it a taste to see if you need more.

Serve with just a couple oven fries, trust me you won't have very much room left after you eat this sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment