Happy Cinco De Mayo! Guacamole

You know I just can't help but feel like I mis-spell Guacamole every time... such a funny word, but what a great taste. And for Cinco De Mayo pair it with some crisp corn chips, a refreshing margarita and this creamy guacamole will provide a party in your mouth. Its no wonder why they're always smiling south of the border.
This is one of my go to recipes, I love it! Here it is:

2 ripe avocados
1-2 Roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
Juice of 1-3 limes
salt

I keep it simple and always go by my instincts, for recipes like this you really need to adjust it based on the quality of your ingredients until you have a prefect symphony of salty, limey and creamy with pops of juicy tomato and sharp onion.

I dice the avocados and mash them with the back of my fork in a bowl, then I squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime and stir it together to prevent the oxidization of the avocado (brownness) then I chop the tomato and onion to roughly the same size, I like my guacamole chunky so I leave them about the size of my thumbnail, do what ever you prefer. mix them in and then season with salt. Remember that you can always add more salt, but trust me! you can never take it away, I had to learn that the hard way.
Anyways I add the salt and squeeze in more lime, I then taste it and adjust to my preference. I like just a bit of bright lime, and a decent amount of salt to taste.

Then I have to get a chip and eat it right away!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those look so good...! Talk about a serious chocolate fix!

    ReplyDelete