The Vegan 100
It may not appear that I am Vegan; probably because I'm not. But! I do eat a mostly plant based diet, and am even delving into Raw food; which I plan on sharing very soon. I could never actually be a Vegan or a raw foodist fully because I love to eat fish; all other meat I do enjoy from time to time, but could do without. Anyways as I was saying I do eat a mostly plant based diet and the stricter I am with myself, the better I feel so I wanted to participate in this. Hopefully I don't offend any Vegans - I just wanted to support the idea!
Here is what she wants me to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or social networking site profile, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out or italicize any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment on this post linking to your results.
The HHL Vegan Hundred:
3. Scrambled Tofu - I'm off of Tofu, too processed for me!
4. Grilled Portobella Caps - Yum!
5. Fresh Ground Horseradish
6. Sweet Potato Biscuits
8. Vegan Cole Slaw
9. Ginger Carrot Soup
10. Fiddlehead Ferns
11. Roasted Elephant Garlic
13. Almond Butter Toast - Kind of, I usually eat it on Rice Cakes
14. Aloe Vera
15. H and H Bagel NYC
16. Slow Roasted Butternut Squash
17. White truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - I've enjoyed my share of home-made wine!
19. Freshly ground wasabi
20. Coconut Milk Ice Cream (not store bought)
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Orchard-fresh pressed apple cider
23. Organic California Mango (in season Sept-Oct only) - What about Mangos off a tree in Costa Rica? I think they are probably better!
25. Papaya Smoothie
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet (habanero) pepper (just a bite!...hot!
27. Goji Berry Tea
29. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
30. Radishes and Vegan Buttery Spread
32. Oven fresh Sourdough bread
33. Sangria made with premium fruit and juices
35. Acai Smoothie
36. Blue Foot Mushrooms
37. Vegan Cupcake from Babycakes nyc
38. Sweet Potatoes and Tempeh combo
40. Spelt Crust Pizza
41. Salt and Pepper Oyster Mushrooms
42. Jicama Slaw
43. Pumpkin Edamame Ginger Dumplings
44. Hemp Milk
45. Rose Champagne
47. Raw Avocado-Coconut Soup
48. Tofu Pesto Sandwich
49. Apple-Lemon-Ginger-Cayenne fresh-pressed juice...with Extra Ginger
50. Grilled Seitan
51. Prickly pear
52. Fresh Pressed Almond Milk
53. Concord Grapes off the vine
55. Coconut Water fresh from a young coconut
56. Organic Arugula
57. Vidalia Onion
58. Sampler of organic produce from Diamond Organics
59. Honeycrisp Apple - So Crisp, straight from the Okanagan
60. Poi ?? I do Poi...
61. Vegan Campfire-toasted Smores
62. Grape seed Oil
63. Farm fresh-picked Peach
64. Freshly-made pita bread with freshly-made hummus
65. Chestnut Snack Packs
66. Fresh Guava
67. Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
68. Raw Mallomar from One Lucky Duck, NYC
69. Fried plantains
71. Golden Beets
72. Barrel-Fresh Pickles
73. Liquid Smoke
74. Meyer Lemon
75. Veggie Paella
76. Vegan Lasagna (raw optional)
78. Homemade Soy Milk
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Lychee Bellini
81. Tempeh Bacon
82. Sprouted Grain Bread
83. Lemon Pepper Tempeh
84. Vanilla Bean
86. Carrot you pulled out of the ground yourself
87. Vegan In-Season Fruit Pie
89. Corn Chowder
90. High Quality Vegan Raw Chocolate
91. Yellow fuzz-free Kiwi
92. White Flesh Grapefruit
94. Coconut Oil
96. Homemade Risotto
98. Seedless 'Pixie' Tangerine
99. Gourmet Sorbet, not store bought
100. Fresh Plucked English Peas
I think I'm doing alright!