Quick and Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

These chicken enchiladas are the perfect quick fix for dinner time. Lots of protein and backed gooey cheesy goodness. Here's a little peek:

This recipe couldn't have come together any quicker and its really affordable. Here's what you'll need:

2 breasts of chicken
half an onion
1 red pepper
a couple cloves of garlic
4-5 tortillas
1 jar of salsa
2- 3 cups of grated mozza
salt & pepper

Alright, here's the truth, I don't usually measure my ingredients so I'm estimating the amount of cheese, I used a good handful for each tortilla and some on top, so I'm guessing 2-3 cups.
So first you'll want to slice the chicken breasts, onion and peppers into strips. Season and saute the chicken, set it aside and do the same with the veggies and the garlic, use as much garlic as you like, I like to use a lot of garlic. When the veggies are almost done add the chicken back into the pan and toss.
Next add a bit of salsa to the bottom of a baking dish so that nothing sticks. Take a tortilla and fill it with some of the chicken and veggie mix, add a nice handful of cheese wrap it up like a burrito tucking in the ends. Place it in the dish and repeat until you have the desired number of enchiladas. Top the wraps with salsa and cheese and bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is all bubbly and gooey. I topped it with some cilantro because I think it brightens it up.

Serve with extra salsa and some sour cream. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment